Is Your CRM Filled with CLEAN Data?
It should be.
It’s amazing to me when we are asked to run a Loyalty Campaign on behalf of our Customers how difficult it is for them to send us a Client List that is intact.
In most cases — there is a large number of missing bits of information. An address — but no phone number. A phone number — but no contact name.
Admittedly your Client Lists are part of your most precious assets — so shouldn’t they be CLEAN?
If your data isn’t at its best, now is a great time for list cleaning.
Here is a step by step process that will make sure you know all about your Customers and give you a chance to THANK them while you are at it.
- Export your Client files into an Excel Spreadsheet with all of the columns you want to capture like:
Company Name, Full Address, Phone Number, Contact Name(s),
Contact Titles(s), Email Address, Opt-In Permission
- Call your Clients and thank them for their business
- While you have them on the phone — ask them to verify their mailing address and check to see that the people you have listed are still working there
- If some people have moved on, ask for the name of their replacement
- When you get a new name — send them some information about your company and then call to arrange a meet and greet for your Field Sales to keep the relationship going
Now that your list is squeaky clean — go ahead and import it back into your CRM. This way it will be easy for you to stay in touch with your clients and let them know about new product and service offerings.
Maybe if we all clean our lists now…by the time spring arrives again — there will be nothing to do but smell the flowers ;.)